Re: Compiling a C++/Wx program

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:35:44 -0200

Hello Jamal,
please don't take this as a criticism, but I have seen you create
several components on the heap but don't get then collected. In c++
everytime you use a new alocation you should delete the components,
otherwise you'll have memory leaks. You have used also this line:

new wxStaticText(dlg, wxID_ANY, "&Fruit:", wxPoint(14, 14), wxDefaultSize);

which creates an object, but you didn't assign a pointer to it, so it
would be of no use and will not be able to be deleted because you
didn't stored its address in a pointer.
While I don't understand completely the wxwidgets framework, I don't
think this code would be a good fruit basket sample because one have
to understand from the beginning that if they want to use c++ they
will have to take the responsability of deleting every object they
alocate in the memory.
Thanks
Marlon

2007/11/27, Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Jaffar's tutorial helped me build the Wx libraries with Microsoft Visual
> C++ 2005 Express.
free."
Linus Torvalds