Re: Comparing python and C#

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:04:51 -0600

This is where I have issues. Python itself is great. It's got an awesome library, and it is very easily extendable. This whole Iron Python mess is stupid. Leave the .net languages (c#, vb.net, etc etc) to .net, and don't bring perfectly good languages (PHP, Python) and work them into the .net framework. Python has a perfectly good stdlib itself.

I have only picked at Python, but what I can tell you about it is that I believe it a great edition for any .net developer since it can be used both inside the .net framework (Iron Python), and outside it (C Python). There is also the Jython implementation which is Python with a Java base. .net developers can use Iron Python to script their applications created with C#. C Python can coexist with Iron Python as well.