Re: CommandLine Path

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:33:00 -0700

Well, tab does autocomplete in windows. Batch files are just commands,
1 per line, written in a text editor--don't use a word processor
unless u save it as text. Your path environment variable dictates
which directories are searched for operable programs/batch files. U
can find that in control panel >system > environment variables. There
are 2 groups, 1 for the user & another that's system-wide. I tend to
place all my batch files in a place that's on my path.

You'll usually want to begin a batch file w/the command
@echo off
in order to keep the thing from printing all the commands being
executed to the screen, though omitting that can be done for debugging
purposes. Semicolon or the word rem placed at the beginning of a line
represents a comment.

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride