Re: Command Line Documentation

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:31:36 -0400

Well, we've known there was a gap in free software accessibility projects when
IBM laid off Aaron and some others last year. The problem grew when, this year,
Oracle dumped most of its access technology people leaving few if any FTE in
this space.

Richard Stallman and I have been friends for about 25 years and this seemed
like a good reason to get back together and do another project.

We have a ton of work ahead of us in virtually all areas of disability on all
devices that support free software. It's pretty fun though as the free software
hackers are an eclectic bunch and, as it is all centered in Cambridge, I feel
like I am "home" or at least among my people for the first time in years.

cdh