Re: Coding VB.NET 2005 app for accessibility

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Blind Programming <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:17:51 -0500 (EST)

Here are two web articles:

How to create accessible controls by using Visual Basic .NET or Visual
Basic 2005
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/819351

Walkthrough: Creating an Accessible Windows Application
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa984454(VS.71).aspx

Personally, I have not found a reliable way to get JAWS to read labels
associated with controls other than editboxes.  Window-Eyes seems to do
better at recognizing MSAA properties of a .NET control.

Jamal
On Thu, 24
Jan
2008, Peter