Can someone who knows PERL give me some advice?

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:09:18 -0700

Hi, I've been trying to debug the following script, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the syntax problem is. Admitedly, I'm still a novice at PERL, so this doesn't help. Can you see what syntax problem is causing the server to choke on this script? I can't get a .cgi page to load whenever this script is included, so there must be something obvious wrong with the code syntax itself, I hope anyway. Any advice would be appreciated.

sub get_signed_href {

my $argString = "Service=AWSECommerceService&AssociateTag=$MY_variables{associate_id}&SubscriptionId=$MY_variables{subscription_id}&Version=$wsdl_version" . shift;

@argArray = split('&',$argString);

my $reqString = "my \$request = {\n";

foreach $arg (@argArray) {

@valArray = split('=',$arg);

$recString .= "$valArray[0] => '$valArray[1]',\n";

}

$recString .= "};";

eval($recString);

# Sign the request

my $signedRequest = $helper->sign($request);

# We can use the helper's canonicalize() function to construct the query string too.

my $queryString = $helper->canonicalize($signedRequest);

my $url = $Internal_variables{base_url} . $queryString;

return $url;

}