Re: CSUN report on Visual Studio 2010

  • From: Don Marang <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 13:59:52 -0500

Good point! I had previously played around with C# and Visual Basic using the Visual Studio 2008 environments. I really liked C#! I would like to still experiment with C# and VB in 2010. If the free express versions will not be accessible, are there any programs for groups or students I might be able to join? How much is a MSDN subscription? Does it include the tools? I now have a Technet subscription, but I do not think that gets me access to any of the development tools.

I need a cheap way to play with this software since it will not bring in any income. I spend most of my efforts lately in Vinux, where the tools are all Open Source and free. I am also interested in cross platform development. In that areana, Java looks most promising. Should I just drop looking at Microsoft tools and use eclipse?

Don Marang
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinux.org.uk

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real
substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working
on things that matter.
-- Dean Kamen

On 3/20/2011 10:26 AM, Harmony Neil wrote:
True, but that doesn't apply to express edition, only the paid one.