Re: CQ

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:09:55 -0600

Hello Q:
I will be busy for the next 3 days or so, but I have time to kill this summer, and nothing to kill it on. I'd be interested in helping you out. I'm fairly good with Python, c++, as well as a few other languages.

On 6/2/2011 11:26 AM, Q wrote:
List,
My name is Christopher Toth. I am primarily a Python programmer, being best-known for the Qwitter Twitter Client and Hope, an accessible interface to Pandora. I have a collection of potentially-useful Python utilities I've constructed and released as open source for others to use, learn from, and expand upon available at http://hg.qwitter-client.net. As with most open source code, documentation is sparse to nonexistent, though I'd like to believe that the APIs are generally self-explanatory and I'm more-than willing to help anyone with anything they're unfamiliar with. Recently, I've hit a point where the amount of projects I'm trying to work on exceeds my admittedly copious free time. I'm a university student, and I've got the summer off, and consequently spend most days in a mix of coding, teaching, advising and otherwise trying to bootstrap my empire. To give you an overview, this involves work on the long-awaited Qwitter 5, the previously-mentioned Hope client, an eText reader, multiple gaming-related projects including a generic multi player framework, and all the supporting libraries and various bits which all of this stuff requires. I'm writing to the list to inquire as to if anyone might be interested in pairing on any of the above projects. Primarily, I'm looking for a highly-competent Pythonista with experience writing tested, quality code who is potentially interested in taking over the world. If this sounds like you, come, let's make magic together. Alternatively, if you are just starting out in Python and perhaps would like some sort of structured instruction, contact me off-list. I have a sort of semiofficial program which I take students through, teaching you anything I know and can learn in exchange for being able to use this knowledge later, be it asking you to write something to contribute to one of the shared useful libraries I maintain or asking you to teach another student. Probably the best place to contact me is on Twitter, where I'm available as @mongoose_q. I also have accounts on some of the creaky old IM services, such as an MSN of user@host where user=q and host=randylaptop.com.
I look forward to hearing back from you,

Welcome to the future!

Take care,
Ty
my website:
http://tds-solutions.net
my blog:
http://tds-solutions.net/blog
skype: st8amnd127
My programs don't have bugs; they're randomly added features!