C compiler

  • From: Lindsay Yazzolino <lindsay3.14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:49:13 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am new to programming in C (and to programming in general0 and need
to find a C compiler that works with Windows. Right now I am
attempting to use MinGW with the EdSharp text editor, but when I
select the compiler through EdSharp and then try and save a file, it
gives the file a .cs rather than a .c extension. Is there something I
should be doing differently? I also hear that the Windows command line
utility works well, but have no idea how to use it, so perhaps someone
here would be willing to provide me with resources? Thanks.

Lindsay