C Sharp

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:24:54 +0300

Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for good C Sharp books?

I am interesting to find some (for dummies:) that teaches:
- how to create WinForms controls, but many, not just a few most important ones;
- How to do control validations (after the control loses the focus);
- How to create multi threading applications, but with good examples, not only simple things; - how to create menus, toolbars, context menus, how to access the items from a .chm help file of the app; - teaches to use the classes needed for downloading files, using FTP, SFTP, using MySQL, SQLite and Oracle databases, using XML, manipulating text and using regular expressions, do encryption, compression, archiving, unarchiving .zip and .tar.gz archives, reading and writing text files (with custom configured end of line), sorting multi level arrays with multiple conditions, using the registry, using ActiveX and other helpful things like that.

I want to find books that teach these things, because the CPAN doesn't explain very well. Until now I found only simple books that present just a few WinForms controls, and very simplistic the other things and I am sure I didn't look where I should.

Thank you.

Octavian