BrailleBlaster Release: 64-bit Windows

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 13:39:08 -0500

A release of BrailleBlaster for 64-bit windows is now available at
http://www.brailleblaster.org Binaries for Linux and Mac will be along
shortly. Your heop is needed in making 32-bit binaries, because my
machines are all 64-bit. Please follow the instructions given in the
README.windows file in the liblouisutdml repository.

In this release, the Open, Save-as and Translate menu items work. Only
xml files, such as DAISY are supported in the graphical interface. You
can translate text and html files by using the translate subcommand like
this:

gjva -jar brailleblaster.jar translate input-file output-file

There are many options to the translate subcommand. See the section on
file2brl, which is in the liblouisutdml documentation in the helpDocs
subdirectory.

The version of liblouis used here has a stubborn bug that may cause the
first and last words of an emphasized qhrase not to be fully contracted.
I've been looking for it for a long time. Eventually it will be
squashed.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.