Re: Beginning to Learn c++

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:57:33 -0600

I'll clerify. You're talking about the "benafits" of the clr. You're not going to get those benafits (which you still haven't explained) without altering code (which wouldn't make it native code) to use the clr. Garbage collection, for example. You'd need to use ^ for references.

On 7/15/2011 6:33 PM, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
because c++ is not the same as c++.net. you don't just write something in c++, then compile it to use the CLR.
On 7/15/2011 4:39 PM, Katherine Moss wrote:
If you ask me though, you should use C# unless you need to work with MAPI or something obnoxious like that. I'm a beginner too, but C#'s my language. I don't understand how I confused you by saying that using Microsoft compiler in VS 2010 and then compiling with the CLR option was confusing because it just gives C++ the features of the CLR such as garbage collection and memory management.