Beginning again in programming

  • From: "ALBERT A SCHWARTZBERG" <asap4u2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:03:32 -0400

Hi:
I have 2 Certificates in COBOL computer programming that go back over 20 years
ago. I realize that languages have changed but some or most of the logic and
structure remains the same.
I would like to get  back into programming and do it from home. I am legally
blind and need recorded books but can take advantage of magnification.  I heard
that BASIC is a good place to start but there is also Visual BASIC now, etc. Do
you know of a good place to begin and as efficiently as possible? I have
currently Windows XP .

Abe Schwartzberg

RSVP