Re: Beginning C and C++

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:48:21 -0200

it deppends on what exactly you need to do. If you need to use C only
then go look for a book. If you want to learn c++ ten use thinking in
c++ v 1 and thinking in c++ v 2, by Brusse Equel, at www.mindview.net.
If you are planning to use c++ this great tutorial will teach
everything of C you will possibly need to know in order to better
understand and use c++. If you however will need C then you need to
know much more about the language than this tutorial will teach so you
would be better to find a book.
Marlon

2007/11/6, Lamar Upshaw <lupshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I've done what was suggested, and downloaded and installed mingw.  It works
> nicely on this ancient machine! *smile* lol.  I tried the sample programs in
> the documentation, and everything worked well.
> Now, can anyone suggest a starting resource for me to learn C and C++? I'm
> hoping there's a such thing as a tutorial for beginners.  Or, is this
> somethig I'll have no choice but to take a class for? *smile*
>
> With All Respect,
> Upshaw, LaMar T

free."
Linus Torvalds