Re: Batch conversion of .brf, .doc, .pdf, or other files to text with EdSharp

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 09:43:28 -0400

Let me clarify that the text conversions (via utilities EdSharp runs in the background) are not necessarily the best one can do compared to other conversion techniques. They are generally intended for quickly producing readable text, rather than text formatting that attempts to correspond as much as possible to the formatting in the original source file. For example, Save As in Intenet Explorer or Firefox might produce a bette formatted text file.

Jamal

On 7/4/2011 9:38 AM, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
Hi Laura,
Yes, .htm and .html files are also supported for text conversion. You
could either use the technique I described below, or the Open Other
Format command, Control+Shift+O. In the latter case, which is for a
single import rather than batch conversion, EdSharp prompts for the
target file type if others are available besides .txt.

Do make sure you have the latest EdSharp (F11 to Elevate), since I
recently corrected a bug in the Text Convert command, Control+T.

Jamal

On 7/3/2011 8:08 PM, qubit wrote:
Hi Jamal --
This one caught my attention.
Are you saying that edSharp could take an html file and convert it to
.txt?
I have a book in html format that for some reason I am unable to read
as it
takes up to 10 minutes to load and once it is loaded, none of the links
work.
I tried removing the images folder it was using to render the pages,
but it
wouldn't load in IE because the images were not found.
Oh well, I suppose you would say I should run IE, wait 10 minutes and
then
type save-as. I'm just musing.
I think I'll take a break. *sigh*
--le