Re: Auditory interface ideas, what would help?

  • From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:38:57 -0400

Agreed, but Visual Studio tries something like this, though not an audio
warning. I hate it, because I am always either being focused on a list of
suggestions or an error list, even if the error is from something wrong that I
had not finished typing yet; had I had more time than half a second, the text
would be correct and no error would be generated. An error tone may be good
when, for example, you go to the next line and forget to close a set of
parenthses; I guess it would be a "error on previous line" warning tone, and a
keystroke would read the error the tone was alerting you to. Just my thoughts,
and I have never used Net Beans.

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx