Asp.net Hyperlink Viewing Area

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:06:06 -0400

Hi Guys:
I have a Webpage that uses a Masterpage and a Content Page. I want to load an
external webpage inside the content portion of the page so the Master page and
NavBar remain visible while working with the external Website.
I tried the hyperlink on the content page with the _New parm but www.yahoo.com
still filled the whole display screen. I tried using a frame as the target with
the same result.
Has anyone done something like this? I would like a user to be able to link to
external pages but keep the visual inside the Master Page so the Company
Heading, Nav Menu and logon status are visible while the user works with the
external pages. Also, when I tried to close the _New window the entire browser
closed. I thought only the new window would close. Could that be a result of
using the  Development Server? Is there some other way to handle this?
Rick USA