Are the programming list archives private?

  • From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:51:47 -0700

Hi all,

Quick question I'm hoping someone on this list might be able to answer. I used Google to search for an FTP server, and I came across some information regarding flash FTP, and since I already use this app, I clicked on the following link just out of curiosity:
//www.freelists.org/archives/programmingblind/10-2007/msg00993.html
I was freaked out when I discovered that the message Google found was a message I posted on this list last October. I'm wondering if I can do anything on my end to prevent my replies from being found when someone conducts a Google search. Since I found my own post from some 9 months ago, I think its pretty safe to assume all of our posts are 100% public, correct? Can we change this setting for this list?--if the bulk of us are interested of course.

Thanks,

The very internet naked Matthew