Re: Anyone going to SIGCSE 2009 this year?

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 13:11:53 -0600

Hello Andreas --
I'm just poking my head in too after a short absence and noticed your post.  I
applaud your efforts at creating blind accessible tools and environment, but I
also hesitate to put too much emphasis to software that is separate from the
mainstream programs out there, like visual studio and the like.  I think while
your solution would always be more accessible and easier to use than VS, VS is
the platform on the cutting edge as far as new technology development is
concerned, and any other solution would unavoidably lag behind.
Another unrelated thought in favor of your platform is that if you have an
environment that is so tailored to be accessible, you probably put smarts into
it to create accessible apps as well -- is that right? If so, I'd certainly egg
Microsoft a bit about its accessibility and point them to your very useful
environment. Who knows, they might work something out with you to put some of
its ideas into their software.
Have a great month.
--le