Alright... A VB.net challenge?

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:52:22 -0700

OK, it doesn't look like I'm having any luck extracting the string for a
full Document object of a web page where everything is included. So, what
about this?

Is it possible, using VB.net,
1. to briefly instantiate an IE or WebBrowser object,
2. Then open a file on the local hard drive, such as Test.htm using the new
object,
3. Somehow place the document object of another page into the currently open
one, such as: TempWebBrowserObject.Document =
CurrentIEWebBrowserObject.Document
4. Then close Test.htm, and have the new content saved with the file when
closed?

Any ideas whether this can be done?

Trying to find a solution, I converted the code at
into VB.net 2005.

For the life of me though, I can't get the damned thing to work, though it
looks like it should.

If you'd like to take a look at the project file, including the compiled
dll, (I would appreciate your feedback). I've uploaded it to
http://gutterstar.net/cgi-bin/apps/HTMLParser.zip

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Bryan