Re: Advice About Protection Software

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:03:04 -0700

hi Jim,

most of the more useable ones are listed on jfwlite.com in there programs
section, along with old, but still helpful hints in there help files section.

spybot, ad aware and those listed there all work well from what I hear, I use
ad aware for the main part, and the free version to boot, and haven't had much
it didn't find.

firewalls, there are two older ones you can get from there, I just use the
windows stock one myself, but that's my choice, and may not be the best as far
as that goes.

I also recommend a program called win patrol, which monitors an assortment of
things, gives you active and accessible control over them, and will alert you
to anything trying to make changes in your registry and/or file associations on
your comp, and there is both a free and a expanded pay for version of it (again
I'm using the freebee and doing fine with it)

HTH,
inthane