RE: Accessible software for Sending SMS

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 02:58:20 -0500

O no, they send a message using their system, for example you would put in
the mobile number, type the message and it would get sent. If they were to
reply to your message, you would see the reply on the computer. It's like
instant messaging, but using text message on the other end. As far as I
know, and I've used the feature with AIM (AOL) and Windows Live (MSN) and
none of those charge you for sending the messages, and you can send messages
to different people/numbers. The charge is a standard messaging rate on the
person receiving your sms. If they have unlimited texting or a
bundle/package, then they won't be charged... But I don't know of any
software that uses your phone to send texts from the pc, other than (I
think) pc suite for nokia phones. Sorry if that's what you were looking for.

HTH, D!J!X!