RE: Accessible network packet analyser.

  • From: <Nick.Adamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:18:20 -0000

Hi all.

Thanks for the suggestions.
The best option I've found is a utility that comes with Wire shark
called Tshark. Basically it's a console version of wire shark so you get
all the benefits of filters, interface support, recording and playback
of network traffic and so on but with out the terrible interface.

Its pretty complicated to use, There's over 35 command line switches.

To help I've written an interactive dos batch file which prompts for the
various arguments. It assumes that wire shark is installed and in your
path.
If anyone wants to host this on a website or wants a copy then feel free
to let me know and I'll email it off list.

Thanks again.
Nick.