Re: Accessible Rich Application Comparison Info

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 20:52:48 -0500

"...you actually want to DO something as in right now without having to feel like a schoolboy or girl memorizing lines for some poem or play or something like that." Oh very nice, very nice indeed. This is a good start for something that is sorely needed.

On 3/1/2011 1:03 PM, Alex Midence wrote:
A lot of people don't think of it as an html editor but it's got lots
of plugins besides the ones I named that let you do just that.  It's
probably because so much of the introductory material is just so
time-consuming to go through before you can do anything.  Also, in
many of the forums, they want you to learn a zillion hotkeys, read
tomes and tomes of unix manuals and stay up all night learning Emacs
lisp before they agree to show you where the meta key is.  I got mad
and decided that I'd do something about it.  I am writing a simple,
do-driven tutorial on Emacspeak which targets a modern user of windows
and Gnome with their menu systems and the like.  I think one is well
overdue since the latest one I could find was last updated in 2001 and
here we are in 2011.  I'm about 75% done and need to do some serious
spell checking and typo fixing but, here's the link.  Remember, it's a
work in progress.  The goal is to actually get it to where you can
*DO* *SOMETHING* within your first 5 or so minutes of launching it.  I
wrote it in org-mode and exported it to html.  See for yourself how
well it does:

http://vinux-docs.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=vinux-docs/vinux-docs;a=blob_plain;f=emacspeak-easy-howto.html;hb=HEAD
   Also, I've got about a grand total of 2 weeks or so under my belt
with org-mode in case you are wondering how long it took me to learn
how to do this.

Regards,
Alex M
On 3/1/11, Ken Perry<whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Very interesting I never thought of emacs s an html editor I will look into
that.

Ken