Re: Accessible Adobe Photoshop and flash

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:21:14 +0300

Yes but we had this discussion before and I shown that the design of that site
has not a commercial quality.
Helpful for the blind and maybe other persons, but not appropriate for
promoting a real business.

Yes there are companies specialized for web design that have many employees and
some of them could do just a part of the work while others could specialize in
other fields, however there are very few such companies in some countries, so
the possible oportunities of getting a job in one of them by a blind are very
few.

On the other hand, I've seen that those companies requires much more from a
perspective employee, from knowing PHP, Javascript, knowing a foreign language
like english or french, doing graphics in a certain program like Photoshop or
Photopaint, considering Flash knowledge as an advantage, and other things.

Well, in that case a blind web designer has almost 0 chances of getting a job,
because not only that he cannot do all the things, but he cannot do the things
considered an advantage either.

I haven't seen any job announcement that asks for knowing the World Wide Web
Consortium recommendations, and knowing HTML is something very normal.

Octavian