Re: Accessibility of software for degree

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:22:43 -0400

Hi:
Argo UML
I don't know about the above software. In general UML is graphical in nature
and not very accessible. Perhaps some others will know more.You might be able
to do things with hot keys in the application but, again, I don't know.
Microsoft visio 2007
For the above, I have seen allot of hot keys for it defined in various
documentation and articles which may make it usable. It is used as a Forms
Designer in one of the Visual Studio products but the hot keys did not seem to
work and I found it pretty much inaccessible using Windoweyes. I have not tried
it with JAWS.
Sorry but I think both products deal with things in a graphical mode. If they
have hot keys set up or accessibility hooks for Screen Readers then they might
work with JAWS but unless someone has some experience with them I would just be
guessing.
Rick USA