RE: Accessibility guides and research studies from Microsoft

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:01:48 -0400

It is very accessible if you use Mac word called IWorks and other things
apple like spread sheet.  The developer access sucks but can be dealt with.
A lot of stuff works out of the box and I know to high level blind
developers who have switched to it. I will say though they also have Fusion
and windows 7 and linux running on the mac for things the Mac will not do.
Over all if your just wanting to do basic stuff the Mac is a ok product. My
opinion and I have one down in my living room is that everything is a
magnitude harder to do. If you get in a race with another blind person using
windows 7 and jaws you can just do things a hell of a lot faster with
Windows 7 and Jaws.

Ken