RE: A Step Backwards

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:09:56 -0400

Hi Don,
Maybe this was you. I don't remember. A long time ago, someone on the
JAWSScripts list wrote a script that had a key you could press that would alter
the behavior of the arrow keys so that if you wanted them to, they would do all
kinds of neat stuff like read as if they were in tables, read only the word you
land on when you go up and down, left and write, read the character you land on
when you go up, down, left, and right, and I forget what else. According to my
memory, the whole thing was controlled by an ini file setting. I thought that
this would be a good thing to implement for a friend who has a motor disability.

Thanks.

Jim

On 2011-03-16, at 10:19 AM, Ken Perry wrote:

I don't see that as a step backwards since they force the role attribute.

ken