[programming] Welcome to our new home

  • From: John <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:20:18 -0400 (EDT)

Freelists really made it easy to transfer you all at once <g>

Welcome to our new home, I hope with a new home and a wider topic area the
list may pickup a bit.

Everyone has been moved except those who were bounced off the list at
yahoogroups.

Please note the email address is programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx so you can
properly setup your email filters and do not receive errors when sending
email, it is easy to confuse the address and try programmers <g>

To start things off a bit I thought I would ask who here has experience
with PHP and what is your skill level?

My experience with PHP I would say is rather new.  I am using PHP to write
a website right now with templates that make it incredibly easy to
maintain.  Anyone here who is considering setting a web site up with
templates so the content and layout can be separated I highly recommend
PHPLIB template.inc method.  To read more about this method I recommend
this article, I think it is very informative
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/david20000512.php3

The website I am working on has only one PHP page, index.php and the rest
of the pages are setup as templates and the page is decided by a variable
(index.php?page=main)

I am really impressed with what I know of PHP and currently I am working
on a slightly larger project in PHP and hoping to find someone here with
enough experience in PHP to look at what I have and tell me how my coding
is, in other words, I need to know if there is anything I can do to
increase performance <g>

 -John-

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
//freelists.org/