[programming] NEWS: and (Re: 1st Page 2000)

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:42:57 -0400

First order of business:

My hard drive was acting odd the other day, had I/O errors etc....  thought
my partitions were corrupted so I backed up imporant information and
attempted to fdisk and rebuild.  After tons of errors and a combination of
Fdisk and PQMagic I was able to remove my partitions however I was unable to
create new partitions.  I thought my hard drive was dead and shut the thing
off...  now a few hours later it was working like new, I dont know weather
it was a combination of problems, or I was having a problem with the hard
drive over heating, but all seems well now and I am working on rebuilding my
hard drive as we speak. I guess it was one of those unexplainable incidents
<g>

Anyways I realized I forgot to move those of you who were subscribed as
digest mode to the digest at the new home and apologize for this oversight.
I will switch you over shortly, if not this evening, tomorrow for sure.  I
hope this wont cause anyone problems and again apologize for any problems
this may cause.

Now back to business:

From: Joshua Brannon <jbrannon@xxxxxxx>

> Hi-
> I'm wanting to try out some different HTML editors/creators, and I was
> wondering if anyone has any experience with 1st Page 2000. It looks great
> in reviews, but a 5Mb file is pretty steep for 28.8 connection if I'm not
sure
> it's good. I'd also like some input on what y'all like the best.

To be real honest I have never used 1st Page 2000.  I would be willing to
download it and try it first and let you know my opinions after using it if
you would like since I have broad band internet <g>

Personally, I have tried several other HTML composers and the like and to be
real honest with you I personally feel an open browser window and text
editor works the best.  I am not sure what platform you are using, if win31
there are a few editors better than notepad available.  If win95, 98 there
are tons of alternatives but what I use most for my text editing and web
development is SuperEdi http://www.wolosoft.com/en/superedi/

Typically your html composers will add excess junk and maybe even improper
tags.   Now a lot of people like the composer method and no doubt will argue
with me on this subject but I truly believe a text editor, browser window,
and maybe a reference guide available (depending on HTML knowledge).

a few links to online references, some of which if you browse around you
will find more info including cheat sheets with the first link:

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/teachingtool/
http://www.chami.com/html-kit/  I hear this is a really good editor /
tutorial for win9x  Appears to have tutorial information in the support
links.

There are a few other ones that may be useful as well found on google here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=HTML+Tutorial

HTH,

-John-

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
//freelists.org/