[programming] Re: Dreamweaver is up

  • From: Ross Nelson <rnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 08:19:01 -0500

>DO NOT, and repeat do not use javascript for this job, you want a script
>that will work no matter what software the client is using and as you know
>java is client side parsed and that is why so many people do not get the
>proper feel of sites using java.

Oh...duh.  If their browser doesn't support tables, I doubt it knows what
JavaScript is....lol.  I'm quick.

>What type of web host are they using, do they have PHP access?  If so that
>is how I recommend you do it, it is all parsed server side so no matter what
>browser is vistig the site, they will get the same results.
>I am sure you can find a prebuilt PHP script from one of the following sites
>that will do what you need, if not I will look and or write one up for you,
>PHP is by no means difficult...  <g>  If they do not have PHP access, what
>capabilities do they have, or who is their web hosting company?
>http://weberdev.com/
>http://getscripts.com/
>http://phpbuilder.com/
>http://www.zend.com/codex.php

I'm not sure they've decided on one.  I think the one they're thinking of
is the local ISP's (one of em) site.  No PHP, but there is CGI...

Ross

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
http://freelists.org/