[programming] Re: Dreamweaver is up

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 23:26:56 -0400

> We already have that planned...when we met with the guy having us do this,
> he said he wanted different "copies" of the pages...frames, tables, none,
> etc so that we would all be able to view them.  Sometime, I should look
for
> some good JavaScript that'll decipher if the user should use the
> tables/CSS, frames, or plain type page.  Anyone know of a good script for
that?

DO NOT, and repeat do not use javascript for this job, you want a script
that will work no matter what software the client is using and as you know
java is client side parsed and that is why so many people do not get the
proper feel of sites using java.

What type of web host are they using, do they have PHP access?  If so that
is how I recommend you do it, it is all parsed server side so no matter what
browser is vistig the site, they will get the same results.

I am sure you can find a prebuilt PHP script from one of the following sites
that will do what you need, if not I will look and or write one up for you,
PHP is by no means difficult...  <g>  If they do not have PHP access, what
capabilities do they have, or who is their web hosting company?

http://weberdev.com/
http://getscripts.com/
http://phpbuilder.com/
http://www.zend.com/codex.php

if these all fail let me know.

-John-

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
http://freelists.org/