[programming] Re: Dreamweaver is up

  • From: David Burgess <d.burgess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 00:05:12 +0100

At 14:49 09/06/01 -0400, you wrote:

>Thankyou David for posting this for us!

You're welcome.

>I just downloaded it myself however I have not installed it yet, I was
>wondering if this was freely distributable, or one of those things that
>really shouldn't be such as delphi 1 that comes with most 32-bit delphi
>versions on PC PLUS cover cd?  I figure if it could be legally distribted
>(D1) it would more than likely be available from calmira.org since so many
>people have asked about how to get delphi <g>

I think Dreamweaver is a genuine freebie. Delphi on the PC Plus disks comes
with several licensing restrictions (eg. no distribution of executables, no
use in educational establishments - that second restriction is very
short-sighted, IMO). There's none of that with the Dreamweaver
distribution, and nothing on the CD that says you can't redistribute.

I also think someone (Brian J?) went as far as contacting Borland for
permission to upload D1, to calmira.org, and got a "no" reply.

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
http://freelists.org/