[programming] Re: Dreamweaver is up

  • From: Ross Nelson <rnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 17:43:38 -0500

>I just downloaded it myself however I have not installed it yet, I was
>wondering if this was freely distributable, or one of those things that
>really shouldn't be such as delphi 1 that comes with most 32-bit delphi
>versions on PC PLUS cover cd?  I figure if it could be legally distribted
>(D1) it would more than likely be available from calmira.org since so many
>people have asked about how to get delphi <g>

If so, I'd like to put it up online somewhere, when I have the time and
boredom.

>CSS is really neat, the only problem with it is not all browsers handle it
>the same, usually if a browser does not understand the CSS assuming the web
>page was written properly the quality would nicely degrade itself so the
>site still looks good.  I really haven't messed with CSS to much myself but
>have herd a lot about it from various articles I have read and people I have
>talked with online.  As time goes on, CSS is becoming more and more popular
>and maybe one day soon will have a standard for all browers, but then, as
>most of us know, Navigator may soon be dead

We already have that planned...when we met with the guy having us do this,
he said he wanted different "copies" of the pages...frames, tables, none,
etc so that we would all be able to view them.  Sometime, I should look for
some good JavaScript that'll decipher if the user should use the
tables/CSS, frames, or plain type page.  Anyone know of a good script for that?

Ross

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
http://freelists.org/