[programming] D1 TOutline Component

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:08:19 -0500

Hello All,

As some of you may already know my main PC is pretty much dead and I am waiting
for a pesky check in the mail from a commercial customer whom received a great
deal of painting services in order for me to purchase a new PC.  Meanwhile I am
using my P75 PC with WFWG 3.11 + Calmira to get by for day to day tasks.

This has also got me working on some projects that have been sitting on the
back burner for quite some time.  In Delphi 1, I am using TScrollTree component
from Calmira VCL library which decends from TOutline.

The project that is giving me troubles consists of an Explorer Like tree that
not only shows folders but files as well.  So far I have the tree functioning
properly as I want however I found there is a problem with duplicate items.
Here is an example, I have a folder c:\test which I use to test the tree.  Now
everything works fine, but when I add an addtional directory c:\test\test I get
a GPF.  It doesn't matter where in the tree it is, like I still receive a GPF
with c:\test\temp\new\test or even c:\trash\test as well.

Now I am not sure, is this a problem with TOutline, TStringList or my coding
<g>  Calmira seems to handle this with no problems and I have spent some time
comparing against Calmira Source, however I do not see anything to cause this
problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas where I should look to solve this
issue?  I know coding examples would help however I would need to strip the
code down or send a whole lot of code, some useful to this problem, others not
so useful...  If need be I can strip it down enough, I just wanted to bounce
this off some of you to see if this problem rings any bells that some of you
may have ran into yourself.

TIA,

-John-

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
http://freelists.org/