[programming] Re: 1st Page 2000

  • From: David Burgess <d.burgess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 11:53:44 +0100

At 23:40 07/06/01 -0400, you wrote:

 >Anyway, about 1st Page, it also comes with 450 built in
 > JavaScripts, a complete HTML 4/SSI/CSS
 > > reference, and an HTML cleaning utility.

I tried 1st Page 2000 about a year ago; it's very comprehensive (more
than I'd ever need), but I had some reservations. I actually found it
too complex, and it requires, IIRC, IE4 or 5 to be installed. It's
definitely a poweruser's program.

snip

 > to be honest there are some features I would like built in
 > as well, I just think FP or NC or too bloated and programs like Dream
 > Weaver, I hear good things about, unfortunately its a little too
 > pricy for
 > me right now

Dreamweaver 1 was given away on a cover CD in the UK about 18 months
ago. It's a positive pleasure to use. If anyone's interested, I can zip
the installation and upload it over the weekend - it'll be about a 6Mb
download. 32-bit only, though, and needs something like a P100/32Mb to
work well.

 > Actually I do have on the back burner a delphi project where I am building
 > my own editor... I wanted this to be both available in windows 3.1 as well
 > as win9x so I am still working on the 16-bit version.... Someday when I get
 > back to the program maybe I will actually complete it. I have a lot
 > accomplished with it just other things came up so it was parked on hold for
 > a while

There are a couple of Delphi open-source HTML editors available; if/ when
I can remember what they're called, I'll post the details.

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
//freelists.org/