[programming] Re: 1st Page 2000

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 23:40:06 -0400

> I'm using Win95 <gag>. I've tried using just notepad before, and all I
could think of was, "there's GOT to be an easier
> way...".  Anyway, about 1st Page, it also comes with 450 built in
JavaScripts, a complete HTML 4/SSI/CSS
> reference, and an HTML cleaning utility.

Sounds fairly good, maybe you can post a download link for others that may
be interested....

> >Now a lot of people like the composer method and no doubt will argue
> >with me on this subject but I truly believe a text editor, browser
window,
> >and maybe a reference guide available (depending on HTML knowledge).
>
> That's definitely the least resource-intensive route to go, but I like
having the built-in HTML stuff.
> I guess I'm a weenie :)

No, not a weenie, to be honest there are some features I would like built in
as well, I just think FP or NC or too bloated and programs like Dream
Weaver, I hear good things about, unfortunately its a little too pricy for
me right now <g>

Actually I do have on the back burner a delphi project where I am building
my own editor...  I wanted this to be both available in windows 3.1 as well
as win9x so I am still working on the 16-bit version....  Someday when I get
back to the program maybe I will actually complete it.  I have a lot
accomplished with it just other things came up so it was parked on hold for
a while <g>  What I have now is actually better than some notepad
replacements for windows 3.1 in that it has more functionality and uses less
resources, I remember one notepad replacement, don't recall which one, took
my system resources down to 36% available and what I have now is definately
better and I only notice a 2% drop which is returned on closing, the other
one I mentioned did not free all resources.

-John-

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
//freelists.org/