[programming] Re: 1st Page 2000

  • From: Joshua Brannon <jbrannon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:13:7 -0600

>To be real honest I have never used 1st Page 2000.  I would be willing to
>download it and try it first and let you know my opinions after using it if
>you would like since I have broad band internet <g>

That's OK, I went ahead and downloaded it. And downloaded it. And download it.
;)

>Personally, I have tried several other HTML composers and the like and to be
>real honest with you I personally feel an open browser window and text
>editor works the best.  I am not sure what platform you are using, if win31
>there are a few editors better than notepad available.  If win95, 98 there
>are tons of alternatives but what I use most for my text editing and web
>development is SuperEdi http://www.wolosoft.com/en/superedi/

I'm using Win95 <gag>. I've tried using just notepad before, and all I could
think of was, "there's GOT to be an easier
way...".  Anyway, about 1st Page, it also comes with 450 built in JavaScripts,
a complete HTML 4/SSI/CSS
reference, and an HTML cleaning utility.

>Typically your html composers will add excess junk and maybe even improper
>tags.

Yeah, that's my main concern. I haven't tested it out enough to know whether it
generates clean HTML. It looked
pretty good at first glance, though.

>Now a lot of people like the composer method and no doubt will argue
>with me on this subject but I truly believe a text editor, browser window,
>and maybe a reference guide available (depending on HTML knowledge).

That's definitely the least resource-intensive route to go, but I like having
the built-in HTML stuff.
I guess I'm a weenie :)

Also, another WYSIWYG HTML editor I've used before is AOLPress
(http://www.aolpress.com/). Despite its name, it
hardly has anything to do with AOL except the logo.

Joshua

words "unsubscribe"  (without quotes) in the subject feild.  OR visit
http://freelists.org/