[program-l] Re: FreeDOS or DOSBox compatible screen reader?

  • From: jacob kruger <jacob.kruger.work@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 08:16:39 +0200

Mike, here's an archive I got hold off via a post on either audiogames.net, or via one of the blind-gamers mailing lists a while ago:

http://blindza.co.za/uploads/talking_dosbox_try.7z <http://blindza.co.za/uploads/talking_dosbox_try.7z>

It's roundabout 26Mb in size, and, read the tbreadme.htm file, but, once you fire it up, using the start... batch file, you can type either jaws or flipper in and hit enter to get it talking.

Inside the archive, there's a folder called cdrive, which matches to the then C: drive you'll have access to.

Good luck

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2021-04-10 10:01 PM, Mike Fox wrote:

Hey guys,

Yes, I know this is ridiculous, but I'm into retro tech and didn't know who else to ask (lol).  Anyone know of a screen reader that would work on one of these newer MS-DOS emulators?  I read there was a "JAWS for DOS" back in the day, but also read that you had to have a hardware synthesizer, so I'm guessing that's out.
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq