[program-java] running JUNIT tests

  • From: "Stanzel, Susan - Kansas City, MO" <susan.stanzel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:48:51 +0000

Hi Listers,

Here at U.S.D.A. and other places, to make sure something has not suddenly
broken JUNIT tests are run. You have the ascert, a message, what you expect and
the actual result. I am trying to know if a test passes or not. Naturally this
is where a little red x shows or a green plus sign. I am trying to get to the
results of this test in some kind of meaningful fashion. To run a JUNIT test
you have the method, like a get, highlighted and then you hit the applications
key which they call right clicking and arrow down to run as JUNIT.

I hope some of this makes more sense to you than it is to me.

Susie Stanzel