[program-java] Re: java compilation

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:38:10 -0500

Hi Jim and Jim --
I tried the following: placing swt.jar and fruit.java in the same directory
then typing

javac swt.jar fruit.java

What I got was an error that org.eclipse.swt and all its derivatives did not
exist, so the import statements at the beginning of fruit.java all failed
and practically every line after that had "undefined" errors.

I put the jar first on the command line hoping the package would be loaded
from there, but that didn't help.

So how do I get javac to use what's in the jar file?
Thanks.
--le