[program-java] Re: eclipse project package class

  • From: "Corbett, James" <James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:48:48 -0400

Hi:

That ain't so my friends if you have the list of the projects displayed as the
default setting (Preferences).

This is where the concept of "Workspace" gets muddled. In an Enterprise or J2E
project you may by default have to projects under the same Workspace because
you will most likely have an .ear or .war file as the end result but in a plain
old Java project it's better if you have one project per Workspace.For example:

C:\projects\SLFI2010\implementation\src
C:\projects\SLFI2011\implementation\src

This way you can keep them sepearate and cause yourself less confusion.

Jim

James M. Corbett

Programmer / Analyst |
Canada Revenue Agency | Agence du revenue du Canada
875 Heron Rd.
Ottawa, On.
K1A0L5

James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx