[program-java] Re: comparing files in eclipse

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:38:04 +0200

Hi Susie,

You can use diff.exe, the same diff program that works under Unix and you can
do:

diff -u file1 file2 > difference.txt

In the result file you will see the differences. New line appears with + as the
first char and lines that don't exist appear with a minus as first char.

The code versioning systems also use diff and you can use it as a sub command
of that versioning system.

For example, if you use svn, there is svn diff ...

I guess that all such versioning systems should be offering the possibility of
using diff.

--Octavian