[program-java] Re: comparing files in eclipse

  • From: "Roger Woolgrove" <rawoolgrove@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:47:41 -0000

Susie,

I am not an Eclipse user and so do not know if there is an appropriate tool in
the Eclipse JDK.
If I were to undertake this problem myself I would consider making a small
application to check Strings against each other which can easily be done using
java.  I would copy both of the areas of your screen into separate .txt files
and save them, then get the application to take each line or block of text in
one file and compare it with the other.  You could write it to output whatever
differences it finds or on which line.
Hope this helps

Roger