[program-java] Re: a couple of questions regarding eclipse

  • From: "Corbett, James" <James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:53:10 +0000

Tyler:

Welcome to the dark side.

First, every time I open up my eclipse project it just shows the project
I first created--when I add others, will I be able to switch easily?

Yes, once you understand the concept of a workspace all will become clear.

Second, I'm looking at playing with some libraries--I need something for
serialization and sound. How does one install a library into eclipse?

Depending upon your definition of a library the task differs.

Each program / project that you write will have import statements at the class
level of each class. These imports can both be internal java libraries or
external third party libraries.

In this context, a library is a jar file.

A plugin at times has been called a library but it truly is a plugin.

You also have the means to create a User Library which I wrote of earlier this
week with a step by step tutorial.

So, I believe that answers both your questions.

Jim C.