[program-java] Re: Java: Redimensioning my existing array.

  • From: Willem <dwillemv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 15:53:26 +0200

Hi Jim.

If you want to search for items a Hash map is a good option, otherwise you might as well stick with the array. Also are you optimising for speed or memory use? Will the array contain a fixed number of items or change rarely?

It all depends what you want to do with it.
hth
On 9/3/2010 3:40 PM, Corbett, James wrote:
Hello all:
I have an array of type double....
Double[][] myDoubleArray = new double[2][13];
...I now need to add an additional field.... Should I redimension the array like double[2][13][5] or should I invest in either an arrayList or HashMap?
Jim
James M. Corbett
Programmer / Analyst |
Canada Revenue Agency | Agence du revenue du Canada
875 Heron Rd.
Ottawa, On.
K1A0L5
James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx