[program-java] Re: Java: Escape Sequence

  • From: "Jeffrey Fidler" <jeffrey.fidler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:50:27 -0400

Link to ASCII characters:

http://www.robelle.com/smugbook/ascii.html

Jim, if you are trying to write the ampersand character to output with a Struts <bean:write/>, make sure the string is not filtered. By default, Struts filters special characters. So, for instance, if your string is "name=value&name=value", and if you write this with a bean like <bean:write name="xyz" property="abc"/> (and abc is storing the before mentioned string), the output will be name=value&amp;name=value. If you set the filter attribute to false, the ampersand character literal will be written to output: <bean:write name="xyz" property="abc" filter="false"/> will output name=value&name=value.

Hope this helps.

- Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>