[program-java] Installing Sun JDK on CentOS

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:30:39 -0500

J. R.

As you can see from the thread I forwarded earlier, I have been advised
to get rid of openjdk and use the JDK from Sun. A Google search for
"installing Sun JDK linux" produced a number of interesting sites, but I
wasn't sure what to pikc. I want a developmennt kit, not just a run-time
environmennt, I want Java 6 and I want 64-bit versions.

Now that I know how to write JNI, I may stick with it for the other C
libraries that the BrailleBlaster projecvt will use, that is, if the one
I have tests ok. I just can't get openjdk to find it. The JNI manual
from Son tells how to set up the java.library.path, etc. I've tried
everything they show and nothing works.

On JNA, can you point me to some code that uses JNA bindings?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com