[program-java] Re: Ed Sharp and Line Numbers

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 06:43:05 -0800

This surprises me since compilers normally count physical lines of the file, regardless of what is on them. Perhaps try Control+Shift+W to ensure that word wrap is off.

Jamal

On 1/2/2012 3:57 PM, Amanda Lacy wrote:
Hi,
It appears that when I jump to a line number in EdSharp, comments are counted. However, when I get, for example, a null pointer exception and a line number, the Java compiler doesn't seem to count the comments. This means that when I use the control j command to jump to the specified line number, the line I land on is not the one causing the problem. Is there a setting that will ignore comments?
Thanks,
Amanda