[program-java] Re: Eclipse and Netbeans

  • From: Anna Giller <anna.giller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:57:57 -0400

Hi Pam!

David is right, I do use automatic features of IDE, mostly because it's more
accessible.

Web project in IDE consists of application and system files and folders in a
precisestructure.

Each project also has a deployment descriptor that contains the information
about this project.

Both the file structure and the deployment descriptor are IDE specific.

Once WAR module is created it can be executed on the server regardless of
which IDE it was created with.

But when another team member needs to do a maintenance on my application, he
needs to decompress WAR module and this is where the problem is.

I'm looking for something like a conversion program between different IDEs.

Thank you very much,

Anna

  _____

From: William & Pamela [mailto:pmcoats00@xxxxxxx]

David,

I was reading some e-mail I got from a listserv for blind users, and one of
the e-mails said that her office is requiring her to use NetBeans instead of
Eclipse.

She said that they told her that web applications built and deployed from
Eclipse are not compatible with the ones created from Netbeans.

I wouldn't have thought the IDE would make that much difference. Does it?

Thanks,

Pamela